Overseas Filipino workers or Filipinos seeking work abroad may have to contact the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration via mobile phone numbers, while the agency’s landline numbers are down.
In an advisory, the POEA said the temporary phone lines may be contacted between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., while the office PLDT lines are under repair.
The emergency numbers include:
- Land-based concerns:
- Director Jocelyn Rey: 0917-5540376
- Sea-based concerns:
- Director Yolanda Paragua: 0917-5540368
- Worker registration concerns:
- Director Jocelyn Sanchez: 0917-5540320
- Government placement concerns:
- Myrna Ricafort: 0917-5540394
- Balik-Manggagawa concerns:
- Genevieve Ardiente: 0917-8698474
- General concerns:
- Information Center: 0917-8698492
On Thursday, POEA head Hans Leo Cacdac said the POEA’s landlines are down due to Typhoon Glenda (Rammasun).
He said the POEA’s phone switch box was damaged by Glenda when it lashed Luzon Wednesday.
“POEA phone lines are down po as our PLDT switch box got damaged by Typhoon Glenda. We are working on it na ho, pasensya lang ho,” he said in a post on his Twitter account.
The POEA on Wednesday closed its offices due to rough weather conditions from Glenda.
Glenda exited the Philippine Area of Responsibility Thursday morning. The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Glenda left at least 54 dead. — Joel Locsin/ELR, GMA News
Source: GMA News